CALDWELL BIO FERMENTATION CANADA
Raw Cultured Vegetables,
Juices and Starter Culture
Savoury Kimchi Pancakes
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here
There’s a long tradition in Korean cuisine to incorporate Kimchi into various cooked dishes including stews, dumplings and pancakes. Recent studies are concluding that eating cooked probiotic vegetables are rich in bio-available vitamins, minerals and enzymes. This is a simple dish to prepare and cook and will have your guests coming back for more. Enjoy!
Prep & cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 400 ml pack Caldwell Kimchi
- 2 cups of unbleached white flour
- 4 green (spring) onions sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil for frying + 1 tbsp oil for the batter
- Toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced fresh spring onions (to serve)
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 tsp white rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Begin by placing the Caldwell Kimchi and it’s liquid in a bowl and allowing it to come to room temperature. Don't discard the liquid!
- Slice the green onions into thin diagonal strips and chop the kimchi into smaller pieces that will incorporate themselves nicely into the batter.
- Combine the flour, water, egg, salt, oil and kimchi liquid in a bowl and mix until you have a smooth batter. Add in the onions and the kimchi.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil and fry the pancakes until they are cooked through and have slightly crisped and browned on the outside (about a half cup of batter per pancake).
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve the pancakes sprinkled with the sesame seeds and fresh green onions.
All of our products are certified
by the following organisations.
CONNECT WITH US
Caldwell Bio Fermentation Canada Inc.
Ste-Edwidge, Québec, Canada J0B 2R0