Call us: 1 819 849-2000
(EST office hours)
CALDWELL BIO FERMENTATION CANADA
Raw Cultured Vegetables, Juices and Starter Culture
Carrot and Goji Berry Slaw
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here
This is a quick and delicious salad that’s packed full of probiotic goodness. Not only are these carrots delicious alone, dressed simply with olive oil or incorporated into a more elaborate salad, they are also excellent baked into your favourite carrot cake. Enjoy!
Serves 2 as a starter and 4 as a side dish
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 200 ml pack Caldwell Grated Carrots (or homemade grated carrots produced with Caldwell’s starter culture)
- 1 apple (ie., Pink Lady, MacIntosh, Fuji, Cortland or Granny Smith), washed, cored and chopped into 1cm pieces (peeling is optional if using non-organic produce)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dried Goji berries (rehydrated after measuring dry)*
- A generous bunch of chives (approx 20 sheaths)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (be mindful of over salting as the carrots are already salted during our fermentation process)
*To rehydrate the berries simply pour one cup of boiling water over them and allow them to plump up for about 10 minutes.
- Begin by placing the Caldwell Grated Carrots in a colander to remove the excess brine. Reserve the brine for vinaigrettes, sauces and salsas. Set aside.
- Core and slice the apples into small pieces and combine with the carrots. This will stop them from oxidising (browning). Drain the goji berries and add them to the carrot mix.
- Incorporate all other ingredients and serve or keep refrigerated. This salad only gets better with time and can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance.
If you’re adventuresome, try adding in some spices as well. Dried cumin, coriander and curry powder are all excellent options!
CONNECT WITH US
Caldwell Bio Fermentation Canada Inc.
Ste-Edwidge, Québec, Canada J0B 2R0
All of our products are certified
by the following organisations.
© 2017 Caldwell Bio Fermentation Canada Inc. | All rights reserved